Development of export policy of forest resources trade in the conditions of European integration
Introduction. The problem of Ukraine's economic development in modern conditions is directly related to the implementation of the Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement, so the national economy is facing new opportunities and challenges, including the lack of effective mechanisms to restrict timber exports. The research aimed at assessing the effectiveness of the export bans to the EU.
Aim and tasks. The aim of the paper is to study the mechanisms of regulation of the timber market and their export to the EU.
Results. The impact of the imposed moratorium on the declared goals is analyzed in the paper. Analyzed statistics show no effect moratorium on the reduction of deforestation and halt exports of unprocessed timber. It is also impossible to make a clear conclusion about the positive impact of the moratorium on the supply of raw materials of domestic enterprises woodworking and furniture industries. However, within the structure of Ukrainian exports, the share of products of woodworking and furniture industries has increased. This was due to the reduction of Ukrainian export volumes against the background of increasing the share of exports of timber and wood products, as well as the resumption of sales of the furniture industry.
Conclusions. A study of the ban on raw wood showed that in general, the effect of the moratorium imposed is not obvious, since the number of woodworking enterprises has increased and the level of employment in these sectors has increased. Ukraine requires the adoption of a comprehensive targeted program that would combine measures to develop both the woodworking and forest industries. The national interest of Ukraine is the preservation and restoration of forests, and the moratorium introduced is an example of how partial, fragmentary unsystematic decisions are made. The practical significance of the results allows to analyze existing and find new alternative export balance, ensuring equal opportunities and non-discrimination between domestic and European Union market.
2. Bublyk, M. I. (2015). Technogenic damages in the national economy: economic evaluation and principles of state regulation. Lviv, Publishing House of Lviv Polytechnic. [in Ukrainian].
3. Hens, L., Melnyk, L., & Boon, E. (Eds.). (1998). Environmental Economics. Kyiv, Ukraine: Naukova Dumka. [in Ukrainian].
4. Bublyk, M. I. (2014). Model of economic evaluation of man-made damage to the national economy. Black Sea Scientific Journal of Academic Research, Economic Science, 12(5), 44-50. [in Ukrainian].
5. Sen, S., & Schickfus, M.-T. (2019). Climate policy, stranded assets, and investors’ expectations. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 102277. doi: 10.1016/j.jeem.2019.102277
6. Bublyk, M.I. (2012). Mechanisms to regulate the technogenic damage of industrial enterprises: recycling logistics as an instrument of its application. The Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University, Logistics, 749, 530–537. [in Ukrainian].
7. Bublyk, M. I., & Koropetska, T. O. (2008). Analysis of the methods of economic evaluation of damage caused to foresty by man-made emergency situations. The Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University, Problems of economy and management, 611, 71-80. [in Ukrainian].
8. Gage, E. A., & Cooper, D. J. (2017). Urban forest structure and land cover composition effects on land surface temperature in a semi-arid suburban area. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 28, 28–35. doi: 10.1016/j.ufug.2017.10.003
9. Balavac, M., & Pugh, G. (2016). The link between trade openness, export diversification, institutions and output volatility in transition countries. Economic Systems, 40 (2), 273–287. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecosys.2016.02.001
10. Bublyk, M.I., & Rybytska, O. M. (2017) The model of fuzzy expert system for establishing the pollution impact on the mortality rate in Ukraine. Computer sciences and information technologies (CSIT 2017) IEEE 12th International Scientific and Technical Conference, 1, 253–256. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1109/STC-CSIT.2017.8098781.
11. Zakon Ukrainy. (2005) Pro osoblyvosti derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia diialnosti subiektiv pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti, poviazanoi z realizatsiieiu ta eksportom lisomaterialiv, 2860-IV. [In Ukrainian].
12. Zakon Ukrainy. (2015) Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy "Pro osoblyvosti derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia diialnosti subiektiv pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti, poviazanoi z realizatsiieiu ta eksportom lisomaterialiv" shchodo tymchasovoi zaborony eksportu lisomaterialiv u neobroblenomu vyhliadi, 325-VIII. [In Ukrainian].
13. Dergachova, V. V., & Boiko, O. V. (2018). Developing the export potential of domestic enterprises in terms of European integration. Economic bulletin of National technical university of Ukraine «Kyiv polytechnical institute»,15, 81-90.
14. Anhel, Y., & Butin, A. (2018). Rezultaty zaprovadzhennia v Ukraini tymchasovoho moratoriiu na eksport lisomaterialiv u neobroblenomu vyhliadi. Kyiv. [In Ukrainian].
15. Halasiuk, V. (2018). Mechanisms for pursuing the economic and environmental interests of Ukraine in Forest and Woodworking industry. Economics. Ecology. Socium, 2 (2), 20-29.
16. Guzhva, I., & Ivanov, Y. (2018). Topical issues of providing raw materials to woodworking industry enterprises in Ukraine. Economics. Ecology. Socium, 2 (2), 12-19.
17. Office of Financial and Economic Analysis in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (2018). Impact assessment of the ban on exports of untreated timber in Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://feao.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/FEAO_Forest_moratorium.pdf.[In Ukrainian].
18. Popkov, M. (2016). Ban on the export of wood in Ukraine: causes, consequences, alternatives. Retrieved from: http://www.fleg.org.ua [In Russian].
19. Bublyk, M., Radziievska, O., & Matseliukh, Yu. (2018). The strategy of green enterprise development under conditions of Ukraine’s integration into European union. In: Structural Transformation of the National Economy in the Context of Euro-Regional Cooperation, 218–238.
20. Bublyk, M., Rybytska, O., Karpiak, A., & Matseliukh, Yu. (2018). Structuring the fuzzy knowledge base of the IT industry impact factors. In: Computer Sciences and Information Technologies (CSIT 2018) IEEE 13th International Scientific and Technical Conference, 1, 21-24. https://doi.org/10.1109/STC-CSIT.2018.8526760.
21. Bublyk, M., Udovychenko, T., & Medvid, R. (2019). Concept of smart specialization in the context of the development of Ukraines economy. Economics. Ecology. Socium, 3 (2), 55-61. https://doi.org/10.31520/2616-7107/2019.3.2-6.
22. Shpak, N.O., Bublyk, M.I., & Rybytska O.M. (2017) Social minima and their role in the formation of household welfare in Ukraine. Scientific Bulletin of Polissia, 1 (9), 1, 63–71.
23. Bublyk, M., Shakhno, A. (2018). The role of socialization of human capital development in global competition conditions. Economic analysis, 28 (4), 295–304. http://dx.doi.org/10.35774/econa2018.04.295.
24. Koval, V., Petrashevska, A., Popova, O., Mikhno, I., & Gaska, K. (2019). Methodology of ecodiagnostics on the example of rural areas. Architecture Civil Engineering Environment, 12(1), 139-144. https://doi.org/10.21307/ACEE-2019-013.
25. State Agency of Forest Resources of Ukraine. (2016). General characteristics of Ukrainian forests. Retrieved from http://dklg.kmu.gov.ua/forest [In Ukrainian].
26. Ukrainian classification of goods for foreign economic activity (UCG FEA) (2019) Explanation on group 44 "Wood and wood products, charcoal".Retrieved from: http://www.proagro.com.ua. [In Ukrainian].
27. State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (2017). Approaches to the classification of goods double-sided beams. Retrieved from: http://sfs.gov.ua. [In Ukrainian].
28. Bublyk, M., & Zvarych, R. (2016). The Formation of Techno Solitons as Accomplishment of Recycling. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU, 26(1), 171-174. https://doi.org/10.15421/40260129.
29. State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. (2019). Customs statistics. Retrieved from: http://sfs.gov.ua/ms. [in Ukrainian].
30. State Statistics Service of Ukraine.(2018). Number of employees employed by economic entities by type of economic activity. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/. [in Ukrainian].
31. Gubanova E., Kupinets L., Deforzh H., Koval V., Gaska K. (2019). Recycling of polymer waste in the context of developing circular economy. Architecture Civil Engineering Environment, 12(4), 99-108. https://doi.org/10.21307/ACEE-2019-055.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Economics. Ecology. Socium» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.