Theoretical and applied aspects of labour efficiency as a social and economic category
Introduction. Improving labour efficiency is the key to successful operation of any organization. Social and economic development of the state is largely depends on the in-depth study of labour efficiency management. These issues should be solved at certain enterprises at macro- and meso-economic levels.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to deepen theoretical and methodological principles and develop practical recommendations for improving labour efficiency.
Results. The generalization of theoretical and methodological provisions of the category of labour efficiency is carried out. Methodical approaches to the evaluation and measurement of labour efficiency at enterprises have been considered. It is established that labour efficiency, as an economic category, takes into account many aspects that reveal it through certain characteristics, which are expressed in labour productivity, quality and labour performance. It was found that increasing the production of surplus products can increase productivity, but will reduce its efficiency. It is noted that labour efficiency is a dynamic indicator that reflects evaluation of changes in the sum of indicators of labour quality and productivity, life quality of all stakeholders involved in the working process and the use of its results. It is proposed to consider the category "labour efficiency" in terms of qualitative and quantitative criteria and substantiate the essence of labour efficiency, which reflects qualitative component in the form of products of specific consumer quality with value added and quantitative component in the form of manufactured products to the amount of labour spent on its production. The method of building a model for determining the coefficients of rating of the factors of enterprise development using the method of linearization of the model of labour efficiency is proposed.
Conclusions. It is proposed to evaluate labour efficiency at the enterprise using a quantitative criterion which is the average hourly output of one employee, and a qualitative criterion which is the average hourly value added per employee. The increase in value added at the enterprise is achieved through the optimization of all production processes. The comparative complex analysis by means of the method of defining specific rating coefficients (SRC) of influence of development factors on labour efficiency at the machine-building enterprises is carried out. Proposals have been developed to evaluate optimal conditions for the development, stability and decline (bankruptcy) of machine-building enterprises.
Keywords:labour efficiency, output, value added, factors, labour quality, labour costs.
2. Golovanov, A.I. (2013). From productivity to labor efficiency. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 376, 137–141 [in Russian]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17223/15617793/376/26.
3. Deprins, D., Simar, L., & Tulkens, H. (2006). Measuring labor-efficiency in post offices. In Public goods, environmental externalities and fiscal competition (pp. 285-309). Springer, Boston, MA.
4. Konchakovskyi, Ye.O. (2009). Efficiency labor and motivation in the agricultural sphere of the agro-industrial complex. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Dnipropetrovsk [in Ukrainian].
5. Nazarko, J., & Chodakowska, E. (2017). Labour efficiency in construction industry in Europe based on frontier methods: data envelopment analysis and stochastic frontier analysis. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 23(6), 787-795.
6. Kornieieva T.S. (2016). Rating method to estimate the impact of enterprise development factors on labour efficiency. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky. VNZ «Natsionalna akademiia upravlinnia». m.Kyiv, 4 (178), 368-385. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ape_2016_4_45 [in Ukrainian].
7. Makarenko, M.V., Malova, I.I. (2012). Indicator systems, models and approaches to assessing the effectiveness of the enterprise. Jekonomika. Trudy SGU, 12, 32-49. Retrieved from: https://studylib.ru/doc/2136676/makarenko-m.v.--malova-i.i.-sistemy-pokazatelej--modeli [in Russian].
8. Bublyk, M., Udovychenko, T., Medvid, R. (2019). Concept of Smart Specialization in the Context of the Development of Ukraines. Economy. Economics. Ecology. Socium, 3, 55-61. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31520/2616-7107/2019.3.2-6.
9. Luchaninova, O., Koval, V., Deforzh, H., Nakonechna, L. & Golovnia, O. (2019). Formation of communicative competence of future specialists by means of group work. Espacios, 40 (41), 11.
10. Koval, V., Polyezhayev, Y., & Bezkhlibna, A. (2018). Communicative competences in enhancing of regional competitiveness in the labour market. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(5), 105-113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/2018-4-5-105-113.
11. Rogerson, R., Shimer, R., & Wright, R. (2005). Search-theoretic models of the labor market: A survey. Journal of economic literature, 43(4), 959-988.
12. Stuebs, M., & Sun, L. (2010). Business reputation and labor efficiency, productivity, and cost. Journal of Business Ethics, 96(2), 265-283.
13. Golabchi, A., Han, S., & AbouRizk, S. (2018). A simulation and visualization-based framework of labor efficiency and safety analysis for prevention through design and planning. Automation in Construction, 96, 310-323.
14. Chanapai, S., & Suttawet, C. (2018). Cooperation between public and private sectors in providing workforces and development of labor efficiency in the motorcycle industry. Kasetsart Journal of Social Sciences, 41, 130–135.
15. Langemeier, M. R. (2018). Labor Efficiency and Productivity Benchmarks. Journal of ASFMRA, 17-28.
16. Bublyk, M.I., Dulyaba, N.I., Petryshyn, N.Ya., & Drymalovska Kh.V. (2018). Analysis of the development of educational and scientific activity of institutions of higher education. Economic analysis, 28, 1, 30-39.
17. Chukhray N., Shakhovska N., Mrykhina O., Bublyk M., Lisovska L. (2020). Methodical Approach to Assessing the Readiness Level of Technologies for the Transfer. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, IV, vol. 1080. Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33695-0_19.
18. Main Department of Statistics in Kirovohrad region (2020). Retrieved from http://www.kr.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].