Does work discipline affected by the working environment and work motivation?


Abstract

Introduction. Human resources are the main factor, because with their main importance, namely as the activator and determinant of the agency, which is in charge of regulating the agency nets from start to finish. Even though the position of human resources in an agency is central, human resources themselves have many limitations and shortcomings that the agencies must pay attention to, so that human resources themselves are maximized in carrying out their duties assigned by the agencies themselves. Work discipline is one of the determining factors for the success of achieving the goals of an agency / company. Good employee discipline will accelerate company goals, while degenerating discipline will become a barrier and slow down the achievement of company goals.

Aims and Task. This study aims to analyze and describe the influence of the work environment and motivation on the Work Discipline of the State Civil Apparatus, Panyileukan District. The population is 60 State Civil Servants, Panyileukan District, Bandung City. The method used in this research is descriptive and verification methods with a quantitative approach, in which the analysis uses the SPSS version 20 program package.

Results. Based on the calculation results show that the variables of work environment and motivation to work discipline. Adjusted R square 0.336 shows that the influence of these two variables is 33.6% and the remaining 66.4% is influenced by other factors described by the researcher. Through the results of partial hypothesis testing, it is found that the work environment has a significant effect on Work Discipline Adjusted R by 0.333, indicating that the Work Environment has an influence of 33.3% and the remaining 76.7% is influenced by other factors, while motivation has a significant effect on discipline Adjusted R work of 0.014 shows that motivation has an influence of 1.4% while the remaining 98.6% is influenced by other factors.

Conclusion. This study provides an insight that the work environment and motivation have a significant effect on work discipline, which means that work discipline will follow the work environment, and motivation is the same as a work environment that is constant.

Keywords:

work discipline, working environment, work motivation, work ethic.

References

Laraswati, R., & Oktafien, S. (2020). The Effect of Motivation and Work Environment on Employee Performance of PT. Bivouac Outdoor Equipment Bandung. Technium Social Sciences Journal, 14(1), 376–392.
2. Putri, R. K., & Tuirah, F. M. I. (2020). The Influence of Work Discipline and Incentive on Employee Performance in Management Division of Engineering Program at PT. ABC (Persero). Solid State Technology, 63(3), 5161–5168.
3. Putri, R. K., Sandriawan, A. A., & Puspasari, R. (2020). The Effect of Work Discipline and Work Motivation on Employee Performance (Study at CV. XY in Bandung Regency Area). Solid State Technology, 63(4), 4760–4767.
4. Razak, A., Sarpan, S., & Ramlan, R. (2018). ). Effect of leadership style, motivation and work discipline on employee performance in PT. ABC Makassar. International Review of Management and Marketing, 8(6), 67.
5. Dapu, V. A. W. (2015). The influence of work discipline, leadership, and motivation on Employee performance at PT. Trakindo Utama Manado. JURNAL EMBA: Jurnal Riset Ekonomi, Manajemen, Bisnis Dan Akuntansi, 3(3).
6. Budiansyah, Y. (2020). The Influences of Competence, Organizational Commitment, Work Motivation, and Organization Culture Toward Performance of Lecturers, and the Implications Toward Organizational Effectiveness in Private University in Bandung City. PalArch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology, 17(10), 3290–3305.
7. Marinda, V. S., Irwansyah, D., Kasmadi, D., & Saudi, M. H. (2020). The Influence of Leadership Style, Working Environment and Organizational Climate to Employee’s Performance Among Millennial-Gen at Subsidiary of State Company in Indonesia. PalArch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology, 17(4), 3001–3009.
8. Farisi, S., & Fani, W. M. (2019). Influence of Work Environment and Work Discipline on Employee Performance. International Conference on Global Education, 69–81.
9. Rizani, A. T., & Oktafien, S. (2020). The Influence of Organizational Culture and Work Discipline on Employee Performance of PT. BFI Finance Indonesia Tbk. Technium Social Sciences Journal, 14(1), 483–502.
10. Esthi, R. B., & Savhira, I. (2019). The Influence of Work Training, Competence and Discipline of Work on Employee Performance in PT. Lestarindo Perkasa. Journal of Research in Business, Economics, and Education, 1(2).
11. Farid, H. T., Hamid, D., & Nurtjahjono, G. E. (2016). The influence of work motivation on discipline and employee performance of PT. PLN distribution for East Java, Malang area. Journal of Business Administration, 32(1), 75–81.
12. Busro, M. (2018). Theories of Human Resource Management. Jakarta: Prenamedia Group.
13. Maslow, A. H., Stephens, D. C., & Heil, G. (1998). Maslow on management. New York: John Wiley.
14. Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2013). Organizational Behavior. New Jersey: Pearson Education.
15. Iswara, I. G. A. R. P., & Sudharma, I. N. (2013). The Influence of Leadership Style, Organizational Culture and Physical Work Environment on Work Discipline of Employees of the Food Crops and Horticulture Department of Denpasar City. E-Journal Management, 2(6).
16. Subagja, I. K. (2020). Effect of Motivation and Job Satisfaction on Employee Performance Through Working Discipline at PT. Bamboo Tirta Engineering. International Journal of Business and Social Science Research, 1(1), 28–35.
17. Afandi, P. (2016). Concept & IndicatorHuman Resources Management for Management Research. Yogyakarta: Deepublish.
18. Imran, R., Fatima, A., Zaheer, A., Yousaf, I., & Batool, I. (2012). How to boost employee performance: investigating the influence of transformational leadership and work environment in a Pakistani perspective. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 11(10), 1455–1462.
19. Ramli, A. H. (2019). Work environment, job satisfaction and employee performance in health services. Business and Entrepreneurial Review, 19(1), 29–42.
20. Dessler, G. (2011). Human resource management twelfth edition. Pearson International Edition.
21. Badrianto, Y., & Ekhsan, M. (2020). Effect of work environment and job satisfaction on employee performance in PT. Nesinak Industries. Journal of Business Management and Accounting, 2(1), 322984.
22. Omollo, P. A., & Oloko, M. A. (2015). Effect of motivation on employee performance of commercial banks in Kenya: A case study of Kenya Commercial Bank in Migori County. International Journal of Human Resource Studies, 5(2), 87–103.
23. Andriani, D. (2010). The Effect of Work Environment on Work Discipline for Employees of PT Hassco Multi Kimindo Sidoarjo. Management Application Journal, 8(4), 971–983.
24. Setiawan, R., Muchtar, B., & Abror, A. (2019). The Effects of Leadership Function, Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction on Employee’s Work Discipline at STIKes Fort De Kock Bukittinggi. 2nd Padang International Conference on Education, Economics, Business and Accounting (PICEEBA-2 2018), 711–719.
25. Rahmi, A., Achmad, G. N., & Adhimursandi, D. (2020). The Effect of Leadership and Empowerment Style and Motivation on Work Discipline and Employee Performance in Sungai Kunjang Subdistrict, Samarinda City. International Journal of Business and Management Invention (IJBMI), 9(3), 8–14.
26. Saputra, T. (2019). The Influence of Work Motivation on Employee Work Discipline at Hotel Permai Pekanbaru. Benefita’s Journal, 4(2), 316–325.
27. Ayunitha, A. et al. (2020). Does the Good Corporate Governance Approach Affect Agency Cost? Solid State Technology, 63(4), 3760–3770. http://solidstatetechnology.us/index.php/JSST/article/view/3199
28. Nugraha, N. M., & Riyadhi, M. R. (2019). The Effect of Cash Flows, Company Size, and Profit on Stock Prices in SOE Companies Listed on Bei For the 2013-2017 Period. International Journal of Innovation Creativity and Change, 6(7), 130–141. https://www.ijicc.net/index.php/volume-6-2019/60-vol-6-iss-7
29. Susila, G. P. A. J., Suarmanayasa, I. N., & Parma, P. G. (2019, December). The Effect of Training and Work Motivation on Employee Performance. In International Conference on Education, Social Sciences and Humanities (pp. 83-85). RedWhite Press.
30. Nariswari, T. N., & Nugraha, N. M. (2020). Profit Growth : Impact of Net Profit Margin, Gross Profit Margin and Total Assests Turnover. International Journal of Finance & Banking Studies (2147-4486), 9(4), 87–96. https://doi.org/10.20525/ijfbs.v9i4.937
31. Nugraha, N. M., Fitria, B. T., Puspitasari, D., & Damayanti, E. (2020). Does Earning Per Share (EPS) Affected By Debt To Asset Ratio (DAR) And Debt To Equity Ratio (DER)?. PalArch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology, 17(10), 1199–1209.
Published
2021-03-30
How to Cite
(1)
Rizky Taohid, M. G.; Aji Sujai, R. A. D.; Nugraha, N. M. Does Work Discipline Affected by the Working Environment and Work Motivation?. Economics. Ecology. Socium 2021, 5, 13-23.