Application of Internet of Things in Industry 4.0
Introduction. Industry 4.0 is a concept that is considered a new phase in the Industrial Revolution, closely related to the application of information technologies and the digital transformation of manufacturing. The main purpose is to be created a more holistic and more connected ecosystem, focused on supply chain management in industrial companies. Implementation of solutions in Industry 4.0 is mostly related to the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT). Mass deployment of this type of technology in industrial enterprises is the basis of the so-called Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Achieving interoperability in the IIoT requires the combination of two technologies: the Internet of Things and the Internet of People.
Aim and tasks. This article describes the implementation of the concept of the Internet of Things in industrial enterprises, as a key technology factor for developing Industry 4.0.
Results. A brief overview of the evolution of industrial production - from the beginning of the Industrial Revolution to the emergence of Industry 4.0 is made. The main principles for implementing Industry 4.0 solutions ensure that the entire production process is computerized. Industry 4.0 solutions are mostly associated with the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) whose definition and essence are obtained in this article. Based on the various concepts of the IoT are presented solutions that can be used in the industry, namely: in consumer devices in technology used in public organizations in infrastructure applications in industrial applications, also called the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Therefore, we can say that there is a significant potential for improving production processes as regards: optimization of operations, forecasting equipment support, inventory optimization, improving workers' security, shipping chain optimization, etc.
Conclusions. The application of the Internet of Things in enterprises is an important and decisive step in the process of their digital transformation and transition to Industry 4.0. The interaction between humans and machines, carried out through Internet technologies, leads to the emergence of the Internet of Everything, which will be a basic concept in industrial production in the coming years. However, the role of man in the production process should not be completely eliminated, but solutions should be sought that support and intellectualize his work.
Keywords:Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Industrial Internet of Things, supply chain.
2. Bain & Company (2018, August 8). Bain & Company predicts the Internet of Things market will more than double to $520 billion by 2021. https://www.bain.com
3. Evans, D. (2012). The Internet of Everything How More Relevant and Valuable Connections Will Change the World. Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group.
4. Deane, P. (1979). The First Industrial Revolution. Cambridge University Press.
5. Shherev, N. (2018). Razvytye na yndustryjata v Bъlgharyja – sъstojanye y prespektyvy. Predyzvykatelstva pred yndustryalnyja rastezh v Bъlgharyja, (pp. 13-23). Sofyja [In Bulgarian].
6. Ramazanov, S. Petrova, M. (2020). Development management and forecasting in a green innovative economy based on the integral dynamics model in the conditions of «Industry - 4.0». Access to science, business, innovation in digital economy, ACCESS Press, 1(1), 9-30. https://doi.org/10.46656/access.2020.1.1(1)
7. Ramazanov, S., Stemplewska, L. (2020). Decision-making in conditions of dilemma: risks and mixed information uncertainty. Access to science, business, innovation in digital economy, ACCESS Press, 1(2): 112-121, https://doi.org/10.46656/access.2020.1.2(3)
8. Linde, I., Philippov, D. (2021). What do your customers think about? To guess or to know? Access to science, business, innovation in digital economy, ACCESS Press, 2(1), 17-27. https://doi.org/10.46656/access.2021.2.1(2)
9. Petrova, М., Aleksandrov, М. (2018). Automating the virtual hosts maintenance in a multi-site environment, International Congress on Business and Marketing (ICBM’18), Marmara Eğitim Köyü Maltepe / İstanbul, TÜRKİYE, Proceedings of the International Congress on Business and Marketing, 2018 Maltepe University, Istanbul, 392-404.
10. Rada, M. (2015, December 1). INDUSTRY 5.0 - from virtual to physical. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/industry-50-from-virtual-physical-michael-rada/
11. Lydon, B. (2014, February 19). The 4th Industrial Revolution, Industry 4.0, Unfolding at Hannover Messe 2014. Retrieved from https://www.automation.com
12. Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy. (2021, July). Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy. Retrieved from Frequently asked questions on Industrie 4.0: https://www.bmwi.de/Redaktion/EN/FAQ/Industrie-4-0/faq-industrie-4-0.html
13. Ovcharova, Zh. (2018). Vnedrjavane na Yndustryja 4.0 v malkyte y sredny predpryjatyja: mynymyzyrane na ryskovete y opredeljane na vъzmozhnostyte. In B. s. kamara, Yndustryja 4.0 – predyzvykatelstva y posledycy za ykonomycheskoto y socyalnoto razvytye na Bъlgharyja (pp. 5-11). Sofyja: Fondacyja Frydrykh Ebert, Bjuro Bъlgharyja [In Bulgarian].
14. Sniderman, B., Mahto, M., & Cotteleer, M. J. (2016). Industry 4.0 and manufacturing ecosystems. Exploring the world of connected enterprises. Westlake, TX: Deloitte University Press.
15. Deloitte. (2015). Industry 4.0. Challenges and solutions for the digital transformation and use of exponential technologies. Zurich: Deloitte AG.
16. Underwood, D. (2017, April 24). Industry 4.0: Key Design Principles. Retrieved from https://www.automate.org: https://www.automate.org/editorials/industry-4-0-key-design-principles
17. The International Telecommunication Union. (2012). Recommendation ITU-T Y.2060.
18. Elder, J. (2019, August 20). How Kevin Ashton named The Internet of Things. https://blog.avast.com/kevin-ashton-named-the-internet-of-things
19. Evans, D. (2011). The Internet of Things How the Next Evolution of the Internet Is Changing Everything. CISCO White Paper. http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac79/docs/innov/IoT_IBSG_0411FINAL.pdf
20. Marynova, N. (2020). Potencyal na yndustryalnyja Ynternet na neshhata za podobrjavane na proyzvodstvenyte procesy. Nauchno-praktycheska konferencyja „Ykonomykata na Bъlgharyja – 30 ghodyny sled nachaloto na promenyte“ (pp. 445-452). Svyshhov: AY Cenov. [In Bulgarian].
21. Avent Abacus (2020). 7 game-changing Industrial IoT applications. https://www.avnet.com
22. Markets and Markets (2020, May). Internet of Things (IoT) in Energy Market. https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/iot-energy-market-251659593.html
23. Statista (2021, March 10). Industrial Internet of Things market size worldwide from 2017 to 2025*. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com: https://www.statista.com/statistics/611004/global-industrial-internet-of-things-market-size/
24. Lazova, V. (2020, 01 20). Kak ynternet na neshhata transformyra yndustryyte. Retrieved from https://enterprise.bg: https://enterprise.bg/blog-news/iot-industriya
25. Statista.com (2021). Agricultural IIoT market revenue worldwide 2020-2025. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1222813/worldwide-agricultural-industrial-iot-market-value
26. Anghelov, A. (2019, 12 02). Yzkustvenyjat yntelekt (AI), Yndustryalnyjat ynternet na neshhata (IIoT) y gholemyte danny (BIG Data) – kljuchovy faktory pry vъvezhdane na Industry 4.0. https://it.dir.bg/pr-zone/izkustveniya-intelekt-ai-industrialniya-internet-na-neshtata-iiot-i-golemite-danni-big-data-klyuchovi-faktori-pri-vavezhdane-na-industry-4-0
27. Profit.bg (2021, 01 7). Kak Ynternet na neshhata pomagha za podobrjavane na kachestvoto na vъzdukha? https://profit.bg/kak-internet-na-neshtata-pomaga-za-podobryavane-na-kachestvoto-na-vazduha
28. Shmygol, N., Schiavone, F., Trokhymets, O., Pawliszczy, D., Koval, V., Zavgorodniy, R., Vorfolomeiev A. (2020). Model for assessing and implementing resource-efficient strategy of industry. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2713, 277-294.
29. Tsimoshynska, O., Koval, M., Kryshtal, H., Filipishyna, L., Arsawan, W. E., & Koval, V. (2021). Investing in road construction infrastructure projects under public-private partnership in the form of concession. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, 2, 184–192. https://doi.org/10.33271/nvngu/2021-2/184
30. Mikhno, I., Koval, V., Korenyuk, P., Smutchak, Z., & Bozhanova, V. (2021). Modeling corporate games to increase the ecological value of entrepreneurship and innovative business. E3S Web of Conferences, 255, 01027.
31. Bublyk, M.I. (2013). Economic evaluation of technogenic losses of business entities on fuzzy logic based opportunities. In: Agnieszka Strzelecka (Ed.). Zarzadzanie organizacja w warunkach niepewnosci. (pp. 19-29). Chestochowa: Politechnika Chestochowska, Wydzial Zarzadania.
32. Kuzmin, O., Bublyk, M., Shakhno, A., Korolenko O., & Lashkun H. (2020). Innovative development of human capital in the conditions of globalization. E3S Web of Conferences, 166, 13011. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202016613011
33. Kuzmin O.Ye., Bublyk М.І., & Rybytska O.M. (2014). The application of fuzzy logic to forecasting of technogenic damage in the national economy. Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University, 790, 63 – 73.