Institutional forms and their competitive analysis of organization of insurance activities in Ukraine
Introduction. In the insurance market of Ukraine, there is a need for non-commercial insurance, which does not carry out business activities in favor of shareholders, but implements the principle of collective mutual assistance of insurance participants. Its necessity is determined, first of all, by the possibility at affordable prices to provide real insurance coverage to the general population, agricultural producers, small business representatives, and others like that.
The development of the strategic development of the work of insurance companies prompts them to rational use of all their resources, in order to increase their efficiency at all stages of development. For this purpose, special methods of strategic management are used, which include the search for economic criteria that provide an objective assessment of the company's activities.
Thus, conducting this analysis will enable each company to make it competitive on the insurance market.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is to reveal and substantiate the institutional forms and perform SWOT analysis to identify the weak and strong points of the organization of the insurance company and the strategic development of insurance activities in general.
Research results. The article reveals the concept of institutional forms of organization of insurance activity in Ukraine. Conducted competitive analysis (SWOT-analysis) of strategic development of insurance companies and organization of insurance activity in Ukraine. The proposed ways of strategic development, weak and strong forms of organization of insurance activity are revealed.
Conclusion. Insurance companies have financial institutionalization of their forms of activity. Under this concept is understood the process of consolidation of norms, roles, statuses, rules for bringing and combining them into the insurance system for the ability to act for insurance protection.
The conducted analysis of the activity of the insurance company, its development strategy provides an opportunity to identify the most promising directions for its development and organization of work. Thus, the identification of weak and strong sides of the company, based on SWOT analysis, positively influences the development of the company's future strategy, its organizational structure, as well as the quality and price of insurance services.
2. Kongstvedt, P. (2015). Health Insurance And Managed Care: What They Are and How They Work. Burlington, Massachusetts: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
3. Morrisey, М. (2013). Health Insurance. Chicago: Health Administration Press.
4. Norris, L. (2015). The Insider’s Guide to Obamacare’s Open Enrollment (2015-2016): A step-by-step guide to finding health insurance. Washington: Kindle Edition.
5. Dyachenko, O.G. & Andreeva, O. I. (2015). Institutional Theories as the Basis for the Study of the Insurance Market.Economy and the State, 5, 94-96 [in Ukrainian].
6. Voronkova, O.M. (2016). Insurance market of Ukraine in the conditions of modern institutional reforms. Global and national problems of the economy, 14, 749-754 [in Ukrainian].
7. Plisa, V. Y. (2014). Strategy of post-crisis modernization of the insurance market of Ukraine. Scientific Bulletin of the Mukachevo State University, 2, 134-143 [in Ukrainian].
8. Rud I. Yu.& Kopitina, I. V. (2015).Prospects for the development of the insurance market of Ukraine. Scientific Bulletin of Nikolayev State University, 1, 77-81 [in Ukrainian].
9. Gamankova, O. O., Gamankov , D.V. & Dymnich, O.V. (2014). Theoretical principles of determining the role and place of the state in the insurance market. Finances of Ukraine, 9, 65-78 [in Ukrainian].
10. Kudak, V.M. (2014). SWOT-analysis, as an instrument for ensuring the economic safety of insurance companies. Scientific notes of the KROK University, 35, 122-128 [in Ukrainian].
11. Balasanov, P. A. (2013). Strategic analysis of the activity of financial intermediaries in the securities market of Ukraine on the basis of SWOT-analysis technology. Development managemen, 18, 21-24 [in Ukrainian].
12. Govorushko, T. A., & Danchenko ,Yu. V. (2014). Financial evaluation of the quality of placement of insurance companies in the process of entering the domestic stock market. Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University, 5 (4), 39-43 [in Ukrainian].
13. Zaletov, O. M. (2014). Macroprudential supervision and regulation of the insurance market. Financial space, 1, 68-71 [in Ukrainian].
14. Information about condition and development of the insurance market of Ukraine (2018). National Commission for the Regulation of Financial Services Markets. Retrived from: http://nfp.gov.ua/content [in Ukrainian].
15. Mnyh, M.V. (2009). Insurance in Ukraine in conditions of global economic crisis. Stock market, 19, 22-26 [in Ukrainian].
16. Zhuravka, О.S. (2008). Influence of foreign capital for development of the insurance market of Ukraine. Science and Economics, 1 (9), 277-286 [in Ukrainian].
17. Koval, V., Slobodianiuk, O., & Yankovyi, V. (2018). Production forecasting and evaluation of investments using Allen two-factor production function. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(1), 219-226. doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/2018-4-1-219-226.
18. Stashkevych, Yu. А. (2007). Types of investment strategies of insurance agents. The formation of market relations in Ukraine, 3, 83-86 [in Ukrainian].
19. Koval, V., Prymush, Y., & Popova, V. (2017). The Influence Of The Enterprise Life Cycle On The Efficiency Of Investment.Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 3(5), 183-187. doi:10.30525/2256-0742/2017-3-5-183-187.
20. Balasanov, P. А. (2013). Strategic analysis of financial intermediaries work on the securities market of Ukraine based on SWOT-analysis technologies. Development administration, 18, 21-24 [in Ukrainian].
21. The outlook for global insurance market in 2017-2018 (2017). Insurance, 1(65), 4-5.
22. On insurance: Law of Ukraine dated on March 7, 1996 No. 85/96-VR. - Retrived from: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/85/96-%D0%B2%D1%80
23. Kosova, T. D., & Slobodianiuk, O.V. (2016). Financial institutionalization of organization forms of insurance activity: SWOT-analysis. State and regions, 4-5 (91-92), 43-47 [in Ukrainian].
24. Zhuravka, О. S. (2009). Economic content of concepts which characterized insurance market and its structure. Oficial of Banking University, 3(6), 208-212 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Economics. Ecology. Socium» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.