State regulation of energy security in national economy
Introduction. In the conditions of dependence on the imported energy resources there is a problem of ensuring stability of the energy industry with counteraction to changes of the ambient and a possibility of reacting to actions for providing competitive positions and advantages of the state. A number of problems in energy industry need a support of necessary level of the energy security on the basis of providing own extraction with volume reduction of imported energy resources, increasing of the national products’ competitiveness in the world markets, development of innovations and investments into energy efficient technologies. In such conditions, it’s important to apply actions for ensuring economic security of the energy sector through the creating of an efficient program for the protection of the national interests in the energy sector, which will contribute to the national economy development.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of article is a researching of energy security and developing actions for state regulation of energy security.
Research results. The article outlines the priority directions of the state policy on ensuring the energy sector development which are identified as a main risks and adverse factors of influence on functioning of energy industry of Ukraine. And the necessity of energy security systems formation at the state level is grounded. The perspective increasing directions of energy security are the establishment of more adapted to transformations system of state regulation with market self-regulation elements. The state regulation of energy security in conditions of high level internationalization of national economy should be aimed at the harmonization of its technological and institutional aspects which influence the development and implementation of energy technologies and projects related to renewable energy sources. The state regulation requires further active development of institutional conditions for use of alternative energy resources and energy saving based on renewable energy.
Conclusion. To provide energy security it is necessary to improve the complex program of its development which will involve wide use of state regulation methods as well as public-private partnership development so the support of the implementation of investment projects will be provided. The important aspect in development of energy engineering is ensuring its economic security which will allow to level possible threats of the industry and to provide requirements of fuel and energy complex and industry for a long term. Energy security should be directed towards increasing energy efficiency which will promote reducing imports and depending on the supply of energy resources by other countries. State regulation of energy security should ensure the rational use of the energy sector potential and stable functioning of the energetic supply system which includes: implementation of energy efficiency and energy saving policies; increase of investment in energy engineering; reduction of environmental impact and emissions.
Keywords:economic security, energy security, state regulation, national economy
2. Narula, Kapil. (2019). Energy Security and Sustainability. The Maritime Dimension of Sustainable Energy Security, 3-22. 10.1007/978-981-13-1589-3_1.
3. Nagaj, Rafal. (2017). Ex Post Regulation as the Method of Sectoral Regulation in Electricity Sector. Journal of Economics and Management, 30, 99-116. 10.22367/jem.2017.30.06.
4. Kalinichenko, O., & Lesyuk, A. S. (2013). Energy Security of Ukraine. Economy. Finances. Law, 1, 3-6 [in Ukrainian].
5. Koriniev, V. L. (2012.). Problems of economic security of the sectors of the national economy at the present stage of their development. State and regions, 4, 44-48 [in Ukrainian].
6. Melnichenko, O.A. (2017). Energy security: the essence and means of state regulation. Bulletin of the National University of Civil Protection of Ukraine, 1, 32-41. [in Ukrainian].
7. Shevtsov, A.I., Zemlyanii, M.G., &Doroshkevich, A.Z. (2002). Energy Security of Ukraine: Strategy and Mechanisms of Provision. Dnipropetrovsk: Thresholds. [in Ukrainian].
8. Cabinet of the Ministers (2017). Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 18, 2017 No. 605-p on Approval of the Energy Strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2035. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/605-2017-%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
9. Bublyk, M., Koval, V. & Redkva, O. (2017). Analysis impact of the structural competition preconditions for ensuring economic security of the machine building complex. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 4, 229-240. doi: 10.21272/mmi.2017.4-20.
10. Koval, V., & Pukała, R. (2017). Implementation of regulatory policy in economic activity: development of the institute regulatory impact assessment. Economics. Ecology. Socium, 1(1), 24-32.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Economics. Ecology. Socium» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.